I took more time away from the blog than I had intended, but in retrospect I’m feeling pretty OK about that. After all, other stuff had to get done.
- Like celebrating the holidays with family and friends.
- Like playing music. A lot of music.
- Like rejoicing that the new installment of Star Wars didn’t suck.
- Like working on overdue revisions to a journal article.
- Like avoiding prepping for the start of classes in two days.
- But mostly the first two.
And I don’t seem to have missed much, not really.
- The presidential races is still a clown show.
- White cops are still being exonerated for killing unarmed black kids.
- Gun laws are still being weakened.
- Right-wing nut jobs are brandishing arms and threatening violence in the name of “liberty”.
- The freakishly warm weather either is or is not related to climate change depending mostly on your politics rather than science.
- War and terrorism continue apace.
In short, 2016 looks a lot like 2015. Be that as it may, my break is ending. Cue John Wick.